Sato & Associates has received various awards from professional organizations for technical expertise and quality design. These awards have included:
- Kunuiakea Athletic Complex (Kamehameha Schools Athletic Complex), American Council of Engineering Companies of Hawaii, Grand Conceptor Award, 2002.
- AEOS 3.67 Meter Telescope Facility, American Consulting Engineers Council Grand Conceptor Award, 2000.
- Agricultural Science Building, Phase III, University of Hawaii, Hawaiian Cement New Public Building Award, 2000.
- Kuakini Physicians Tower, Hawaiian Cement New Private Building Award, 1998.
- Lahaina Wastewater Pump Station No. 3, The American Public Works Association (Hawaii Chapter), Project of the Year, 1997.
- Lahaina Wastewater Pump Station, Hawaii Society of Professional Engineers Maui Chapter, Project of the Year Award, 1996.
- Iwalani Housing Subdivision, Parade of Homes Grand Champion, 1994.
- Old Wailuku Courthouse, Hawaiian Cement Remodeled/Addition Building Award, 1994.
- Waialae Building, Hawaiian Cement Judges Award for Engineering Excellence, 1992.
- Leiopapa A Kamehameha Building (State Office Tower), Hawaiian Cement New Public Building Award, 1991.
- Two Hectare Commercial Shrimp Farm, American Society of Civil Engineers Hawaii Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award, 1985.
- Two Hectare Commercial Shrimp Farm, American Society of Civil Engineers Outstanding Honor Award, Top 20 Projects, 1985.
- Underpinning YMCA Building for Honolulu District Court, Consulting Engineers Council of Hawaii Engineering Honor Award, 1983.